After many requests about auction houses and which ones are the best in the United States, I have decided to do a series of articles reviewing auction houses. I will review many auction houses across the United States focusing on the following points.
What I will cover in each auction house review:
- Price – Both buyer and seller premiums
- Auction Catalogs – Price, quality, and online version
- Website – Ease of usage, and information provided
- Services – Services the auction house offers and pricing
- Response Time – Both buying and selling inquires
- Bang for Your Buck
- Specialty Auctions
- Anything I Find Relevant to the Review
I will not be reviewing any of the major auction houses (such as: Christie’s, Sotheby’s or Bonham and Butterfield’s ). These reviews will be of independent and medium size auction houses.
Note: These are not paid (or compensated) reviews and are based on my options. These reviews will be based on my experiences with the auction house.
Is there an auction house you want me to review?
If so please leave the name of the auction house in the comments section below.
Weschler’s in Washington Dc
University Archives, One of a Kind Collections, PIece of the Past and Chaucer Auctions