While visiting Australia I have been using and have heard good things about the following auction houses. I would recommend these Australian auction houses to anyone who is interested in antique auctions in Australia.
Australian Auction Houses:
- Vickers and Hoad Auctions Kensington, Sydney. Vickers and Hoad is my favorite Australian auction house. It has a nice range of antiques and collectibles.Located in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. The best part is that their auctioneer will not put you to sleep.
- Lawsons Sydney and Melbourne.
- Philips Auctions Melbourne.
- Raffan Kelaher and Thomas Leichhardt, Sydney.
- John Williams Auctions Sydney.
- Leonard Joel various Australian locations.
- Bonham Goodmans various Australian locations.
- Nobelius Auctions Melbourne.
This is just a short list of the many auction houses located in Australia. The most popular auction house in Australia are located in Melbourne and Sydney.
Do you have a favourite Australian antique or collectible auction house? Feel free to leave the auction house information in the comment section of this article.
Definetely not Hayes in Perth. You’ll get a hot check with the bank teller laughing in your face. Garside and Webb will pay but will murder your stuff at nothing prices.