As antique lovers and collectors we know all too well about trends. One year something can be hot and the next year it’s out the door. However we also know that there is a circle of life for items.
The Circle of a Trend
You will notice that about every 5 years or so a trend loops back around and becomes popular again. This can be seen best in the fashion industry. However it happens with just about anything.
So lets see what is back in style for Antiques in 2013
2013 Top 10 Antique Trends
This year there are some exciting items coming back into the spot light.
1. Art Nouveau Style – I am happy to say my favorite style is back in popular demand. However for me it never went out of style.
2. Antique Fine Jewelry – This has to be one of the most popular trending antiques right now. Antique jewels are flying off the auction room floor.
3. Antique Pocket Watches – The beloved pocket watch is making a very strong come back this year.
4. Stationary/Office Items – Wax seals, business card holders and anything antique for you office desk is back in fashion.
5. Antique Lighting – With all the DYI design shows making antique lighting look cooler than ever has created a mad dash to get these hot items.
6. 1950’s Kitchens – Not too long ago people could not get rid of their 1950’s style kitchens fast enough. However now the signature colors and styles of the 1950’s are back in hot demand. So say hello to the pea green, mustard yellow and pink of the 1950’s again.
7. Pre 20th Century Furniture – This is following the same trend that has brought back antique lighting. Design shows have done wonders to pull in the younger generation and create antique trends.
8. Vintage Wine and Accessories – This is one trend that never seems to fall off the list. Vintage wines and accessories are as strong as ever.
9. China – Fine china has started to grace the dinning room table again and not just for the well off. More and more people are looking for fine china to set their tables with, especially around the Holiday seasons.
10. Antique Firearms – Antique firearms are blazing away in the market this year.
What items do you think will be the trend in 2014? Leave a comment below with the items you think will make the list next year.